Wednesday, December 2, 2015

A Quilt-y Day

I don't like it when my studio is a big mess like this:


Every flat surface is piled with stuff as are both chairs--just a big mess.  So, I cleared out and put away most of the stuff that was ready to be put away and got to work machine quilting a few projects.

It's not the best quilting you'll ever see but it's practice that actually get's something done:


Here is the baby quilt I made in the past few days for a grand nephew due soon:


The only quilting left to do is in the perimeter triangles--still pondering what to do there.  The blocks are pretty simply quilted so I decided not to do heavy quilting on the outside edges.  I'll decide tomorrow...

In an effort to get rid of some of all this clutter, I sold  Double Wedding Ring parts I started in 1988.  All the arcs are sewn and and fabric and book were all still together--I just had to find it when a guild member expressed an interest in buying it.  Here's what she came and got today:


She was glad to get it and I was glad to get rid of it.  I hope she finishes it someday, 'cause I know I never would.

I sill have a treadle sewing machine, 29" Hinterberg round quilting hoop on a stand, a Queen size Hinterberg 3-rail solid oak floor frame and my beloved Bernina 1230 to sell.  There is someone interested in the Bernina, we just haven't been able to get together yet.  At the retreat I was told not to let it go for less than $1000, mine is priced less than that.  Just trying to clear out the clutter and free up some floor space since the Q20 came to live here.

Can't let today go by without mentioning my grand-girl Stella turns 6 months old today, and her Daddy, my baby, turns 420 months old today--that's 35 years--how did THAT happen?


I saw a great gift suggestion for kids on Facebook the other day as we think about what to get for our precious girl:  Get something they want, something they need, something to wear, and something to READ!  Isn't that a super suggestion?  Now, to go shopping...  And, what could a 6 month old possibly want, except lots of hugs and kisses?

Let's Quilt!

2 comments:

  1. Always nice to have a clean sewing room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a lot going on in your studio. It does feel good to put a few things away and even better getting things out and gone. Super cute birthday photo!

    ReplyDelete