The fabrics are mostly Raining Cats and Dogs by Free Spirit Fabric--perfect for this particular quilt:
The feathers were totally free-form, no marking. I did draw them on paper several times to get the rhythm and size I wanted.
For the border I did a free-form cable, a bit too free--form it seems now. I used a Crayola Ultra-Clean Washable Marker to draw two lines in the border, one about 1/2" inside the outer edge, and one down the center of that space. This gave me reference points to aim for as I quilted the borders. In hindsight, I should have marked the four corners too since I "got lost" as I came into and out of the corners.
Here is the finished quilt, after washing. I love how a quilt gets that pucker-y look after washing and drying.
Now, if I could just find the label I made 3 weeks ago and put in a "safe" place before my Studio Sale...