Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Looking Ahead

This year is almost half over and I am already looking ahead to 2020. Both 2019 and 2020 are closed, no more room for bookings that take me away from home. I still enjoy teaching locally and have lots of quiltmaking to get done. Right now I am doing some "Secret Sewing" I am eager but unable to show you at the moment. Stay tuned...


Travel remaining for this year is exciting:

June 18-21 SW FL Quilters Guild--lecture and Two-for-One Workshop



August 8,  Heartland Guild, Cullman, AL  Lecture 6:30 pm

August 17-20, Tape The Quilt Show, Denver, CO

October 23-November 4, International Quilt Market and Festival, Houston, TX

November 21-23, Faithful Circle Quilters, Downer's Grove, IL--lecture and Antique Rose Star workshop.



2020 starts off with a great trip: Teaching at Road to California:
 Four classes January 22-25, 2020--Registration opens this Friday, June 7--I will post photos of the classes after it goes public.

I am very pleased to be going back to this terrific show, which is celebrating its' 25th anniversary. This is a not-to-be missed show for so many on the West coast and around the country. There is a large Faculty offering amazing classes for the entire week. The quilt show is pretty wonderful too, the best of the best on display.

April 22-26 will have me on the Faculty of the Virginia Consortium of Quilter's Celebration! This is a full-circle kind of job--I joined VCQ as a brand new quilter in the 80's and learned so much at the quarterly meetings and first two Celebrations I was able to attend before moving from VA to Alabama. How exciting to be returning to join their slate of very talented Faculty members. Registration is coming soon for this show.


April 28-May 3 It will be my honor and pleasure to be one of the 3 judges for the Lakeview Quilters Guild quilt show, Houston, TX. Judging shows is a job I love and take seriously. This show never fails to delight and I look forward to it.

June 9-14 has me back in Southern California, with the Orange Grove Quilters of Anaheim and the Beach Cities Quilters of Mission Viejo. Two lectures, two workshops--if you are local, I'd love to see you there.

August 4-5 has me returning to the Cumberland Valley Quilt guild, just up the road, outside of Nashville. A lecture and a workshop--so nice to be invited back to this wonderful guild.

The next week I head west to the Prairie Quilt Guild of Wichita, KS, lectures and workshops there. I don't often get to the Midwest so I hope to see some of you there.

September 22-23 will be a driving trip to Blairsville, GA, the Misty Mountain Quilt Guild, a lecture and workshop there. I look forward to seeing this part of GA, away from the big city.

2021 is open, for now. If your guild is interested, now is the time to contact me.  In March, I will be in Naples, FL for a lecture and two days of workshops.

As always, I enjoy reaching out to my quilter friends with this blog. Even if you can't get to a class, I hope you find something of interest here from time to time.

Let's quilt!

Barbara

1 comment:

  1. You will certainly be busy over the next 18 or so months. Very good! Now looking forward to your mystery sewing!

    ReplyDelete