Sunday, August 11, 2019

Heartland Quilt Guild Trunk Show

The Heartland Quilt Guild of Cullman, AL provided a gracious welcome as I gave a trunk show of a few of my quilts.


I decided to present "Every Quilt Tells a Story". I selected a wide variety of my work and presented the quilts in chronological order, starting with my very first bed-size quilt, the pink and blue Trip Around the World I machine pieced and hand quilted in 1988, so 1980's!





In preparing for this, I made a list of the quilts I thought I would take--about 20 quilts and several tops. I opened my two largest rolling suitcases and filled them, eliminating a few large quilts as space dictated. Once full, they were too heavy to lift so I got my next largest rolling suitcase and rearranged the quilts--adding no more, just making a little breathing room.

Then I typed up a list, with dates and small stories I wanted to share about each one. The program lasted about an hour with good questions. So that was just about the right number of quilts.

I finished by showing the Lifetime top, all 100" square of it. I think it'e sub-title will be Wow! because that is what I often hear when quilters see it. This one got more interest after the presentation than any other, 12,800 triangles, HST 1.25" finished:


This guild provides dinner for the members so they have a social time before the meeting. They have 50 members and more than 40 were in attendance:



Show and Tell is always something I enjoy. Here Conna shows a gift for a grand niece, I believe. The mother requested a turquoise and gray quilt--Conna added a beautiful curved edge border to soften the look for a girl. It was beautifully quilted as well:

My contact with this guild is a lovely woman who kept everything on track. Thank you, Betty, for all your help:

We got everything packed up and loaded in my car so that I was on the road by 9 p.m. After an hour of over the river and through the woods travel, I safely reached my home about 10 p.m. The quilts waited to be put away until the next morning.

Thank you, Heartland Quilt Guild for a fun evening.

Let's quilt.

Barbara

3 comments:

  1. Trunk shows with the tales they tell are the best. I'm sure your presentation was very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun guild! Do you ever "measure" other guilds up against HQH? That might make a fun program ... "How Your Guild Measures Up". LOL...maybe not. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would have loved to see your quilts and hear their stories. Looks like a well-run guild.

    ReplyDelete