Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Won't You Be My Neighbor?

Recently, I taught a class for this fun quilt that used paper pieced house blocks I had swapped with two friends, and floating star blocks I had swapped with 14 guild members.

The class sample:


The students learned the basics of paper piecing with the 5" houses in the morning:





After lunch, they took on the cute tiny stars, 4" finished. Their work was fun and all of them learned something:


The instructions for the Tiny Stars are in this Tiny Stars blog post. They are great blocks for a swap since they are somewhat forgiving--the star points do not go all the way to the edge of the block.

The houses and trees I designed in EQ8. This makes a great all-day class. I keep changing the name of the class: "The Village",  "Quilters' Scrap Houses",  "Won't You Be My Neighbor?"  Which do you prefer?

Let's quilt.

Barbara

1 comment:

  1. I like "Won't you be my neighbor?" I live a stone's throw away from Latrobe, PA, the hometown of Fred Rogers. Great man, gone too soon.

    ReplyDelete