Considering my kids think I'm "retired" and have nothing to do, I work a lot of hours.
It was a big push but I got the Wild Western Sun done in time to take it to a local quilt shop as a class advertisement. This is the size the pattern makes, about 45" square:
I followed the pattern, for the most part; I chose to use only 1 fabric for the flying geese sashing, with a variety of black/white prints for the "wings". I did change the small perimeter triangles that were supposed to be two flying geese sewn together then cut at an angle as if they were just flying off the edges of the quilt. After making one unit as a test, I just could not bring myself to make perfectly good geese then chop them up. So I substituted a black solid for those 8 triangles. My plan is to bind the quilt in that same black solid.
Looks a lot different than the first one I made, from Civil War reproduction fabrics--this baby is 110" square. And I completely changed the path of the geese and used cheddar squares and triangles instead of pieced units for the cornerstones and perimeter triangles. I love this quilt: