Wednesday, December 30, 2020

My Journey--QUILT #4

 Another quilt from the Special Exhibit My Joyful Journey, part of the Virtual Quilt Festival, December 3-5, 2020.

QUILT #4 Pieces of the Past--Circa 1875, 82" x 82", machine pieced, hand quilted, 1995:



The Story: The most complicated piecing I had done to date, the four patches were set-in at the sashing intersections, with lots of partial seams. It is a replica of an antique top I bought at a yard sale a week after moving to Alabama. The antique was dated as Circa 1875 by a quilt expert. This is one of my most favorite quilts and is on my bed today. The wool batt I used was a joy to hand quilt and sleeps really well. 

I hand quilted this with rows of triple stitching, as I thought this was appropriate to the time period. And using 1/4" masking tape made the job of marking very easy:


Let's quilt.

Barbara

2 comments:

  1. Wow - still not a simple quilt :)! It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorites of your quilts, too. That is some pretty intense quilting. Great job!

    ReplyDelete