Sunday, July 4, 2021

RED, WHITE AND BLUE QUILTS

 Happy 4th of July! This date is meaningful to me because 46 years ago I met my future husband. Six weeks later we had our first date and he asked me to marry him. Three weeks later, we were engaged. Best decision ever, for both of us.

But today is mostly known as Independence Day here in the US. Many of us fly US Flags outside our homes, there are parades, and cookouts, baseball and fireworks. A really big celebration day here.

I thought I would show you some of the Red, White and Blue quilts I have made over the years:

Patriotic Pineapples

A variation of Sail On I call Broad Stripes and Bright Stars

A small variation of Sail On

Cobblestones


Circle Stars


Flip and Sew Throw


Kwik Star 

While this isn't the color palette I am most known for, I have made more red, white and blue quilts than I thought. And here's the first, made in 1989, when I was a baby quilter. I think the pattern came out of a magazine, with the script as a page pull-out so you could trace and color it. If that is correct, there are probably lots of these around:


Happy Independence Day! 

Let's quilt.

Barbara





3 comments:

  1. All beautiful. But, my favorite is the Broad Stripes Bright Stars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great patriotic quilt show~ Happy 4th !

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful display of the red, white and blue, Barbara! I am especially taken with the pineapple quilt!

    ReplyDelete