Wednesday, February 9, 2022

ANTIQUE QUILT # 7

 I need better photos of this old top I bought a few years ago:


Album Sampler, Berks Co, PA

I believe I bought it from Cindy Rennels, antique dealer extraordinaire, in 2019. It was after I designed and made this quilt: Charming Sampler:

It was several months after this class quilt was done that I noticed the similarity it has to the Album Sampler from Berks Co, PA. Not the same at all, but similar. Just goes to prove there is nothing new under the sun. 

Now, whenever I teach Charming Sampler, I bring this top to show about half way through the day-long class. 

Let's quilt.

Barbara


2 comments:

  1. The similarities are interesting, but I love the little one you designed the most! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That antique top sings to me...lovely

    ReplyDelete