Sunday, February 20, 2022

ANTIQUE QUILT # 8

 I don't know much about this top I bought in 2014 probably from Cindy Diller Rennels. It's pretty wonderful in its' simplicity:



At first glance it looks totally random but when seen straight on the big yellow X is clearly visible. 

Here are a few detail shots: 






I wonder: 

Who made this?

Did she have a design wall?

Were all of these fabrics from her stash--deep as it is?

So wish I knew the Who, What, When, Where and Why of this top.

Label your tops too!

Let's quilt.

Barbara

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this, Barbara! Thanks for the close-ups of the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very interesting quilt! Thanks for the mystery. I'm wondering if it was made in the 1960's because the last two photos contain some blue square that look a lot like mid-century modern to me. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think so. The yellow was reproduced several times over the years. These are much older fabrics. I'll have to pull it out of storage to look at the lighter blue fabric.

      Delete