Sunday, February 13, 2022

Charming Sampler

 I had a good day yesterday teaching my Charming Sampler quilt to two very happy students.

Designed to use Charm Packs, 5" squares, that we all buy but don't know what to do with, I love all this teaches students in just one day:

Charming Sampler Red, 33" x 33"

Making 3" finished blocks is fast and students learn the math for how to enlarge these blocks while still making them with the super fast techniques taught. Several guilds have enjoyed learning the tips and tricks that I throw in there.  I often hear from students later as they put their new knowledge to work for other projects.

The two women had not met before but were friends by the end of the day. Each said they loved the almost "PRIVATE" class, and hope to be in such a small class again. Both had taken Quiltmaking 101 from me years ago, along with other classes. Julie is currently making Garden Party Down Under and is in my year-long class for that quilt:

Leslie and Julie

They both did great and learned a lot:

Julie's Blocks

Leslie's Blocks

So, if you want to take this really fun and educational class, bring me to your group and we'll have fun while we learn. Don't you have a Charm Pack you want to use?

Let's quilt.

Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment