Sunday, July 24, 2022

Traveling Home

 Today I am flying home from Salt Lake City, where I worked at the International Quilt Festival. 

I was really looking forward to several of the Special Exhibits at this Show: Special Exhibits My photos won't be this good so, for now, look at these from the Quilts.com website.

Antique quilts thrill and inspire me and I can't get enough of them:

Early Center Medallion  from the Pieces of the Past Exhibit

The 1876 Centennial Quilt--ENCORE! One wonderful old quilt inspired a small group of quilters around the country to make their own versions and this amazing Exhibit is the result: 

1876 Centennial Quilt by Laurie Latta


I Spy a Barn Quilt: Barn Quilts Across America for the Sunday Driver. These will be great graphic designs:

The Electric Fan by Teresa Schoonover

If you missed this show, some of these quilts will also be on display at International Quilt Festival Long Beach in early August--find all the information for that show here: Long Beach

I will be presenting 5 different Open Studio classes throughout the Long Beach show--these are FREE presentations on the show floor, each is two hours, and no sign up is necessary. Just come by and see what we are teaching. You are sure to learn something!

Let's quilt.

Barbara


No comments:

Post a Comment