Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Traveling West

 At this moment I am in Salt Lake City, Utah for International Quilt Festival. I am sure there will be lots of great quilt photos to share when I get home. 

If you are at this Show, stop in the Education Office and say "hi"! The show is open to the public, the dates are July 21-23, 2022. Find out all the information you need right here: International Quilt Festival Salt Lake City

Here is my Neutral quilt, under construction: 



There will be a pieced border all around, still being made. 

I am working with neutrals as a challenge to myself. Bright colors or 1800's reproductions are my usual go-to. It isn't easy working with "low volume" fabrics--the current word for NEUTRALS. But it's growing on me. 

Perhaps I will see a neutral quilt or two in Salt Lake City for inspiration.

Let's quilt.

Barbara


3 comments:

  1. Hey, Barbara. I am only about 80 minutes north of Salt Lake. My friend and I had been talking about the possibility of going down earlier this week, but haven't been able to settle on anything that works with both our schedules. Would love a chance to meet up in real life. If it works out that I get down there, I will definitely stop by the office.
    Your neutral quilt is coming along nicely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet, I would love that. Come on down!

      Delete
    2. Looks like I may be able to come for a few hours on Friday. I'll try to connect!

      Delete