Sunday, July 16, 2023

FULL CIRCLE IS QUILTED

I recently picked up my FULL CIRCLE quilt from the amazing longarm quilter, Patty Wilson, and want to show you her beautiful quilting. 

Patty's business is called SewN2U Longarm Quilting. You can find her on Facebook here: PattySewN2U. She is one of the most talented, thoughtful, hard-working long arm quilters I know. Look at how beautiful this is:










The back is almost as pretty as the front:



This class will be taught as a SPECIAL EVENT September 11-15, 2023, at Southern Charm Quilting, Huntsville AL. It is the only time this opportunity is expected to be offered here, in my hometown, and currently there are only 4 openings in the class. Register today if you want to learn a lot of amazing and maybe, challenging techniques. There will be 20 students--at least 4 are traveling here by air and auto just to have the chance to make this "Bucket List" quilt. 

The pattern is by Wendy Williams. I have written a 10 page Handout with helpful "Tips, Changes and Clarifications" to make the process of constructing this quilt achievable for most confident, dedicated quilters.

See this previous post about the local class:  Full Circle with student photos

Next year I will be teaching this at Empty Spools Seminar at Asilomar in CA. March 1-6, 2024. I have been told this class is almost sold out to the 25 student capacity. I have heard from several students who will be coming from all over the country. I am SO EXCITED about being part of the Empty Spools Faculty--this is truly one of my most important "Bucket List" jobs. And it is an event I have always wanted to attend. Now I get to be part of the Faculty.

See this previous post about Empty Spools: Full Circle at Asilomar 2024

If you want to make this quilt, I strongly recommend you join me so I can help you. It will teach you a lot and be a special part of your Joyful Journey as a quiltmaker.

I am diligently sewing the binding in place. For a quilt this size, 88" x 88", I allow 12-15 hours for the entire binding process. Hand-sewing the binding to the back takes the longest but is still my preferred method.

Let's quilt.

Barbara

7 comments:

  1. your quilter did a fabulous job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! The quilting is magnificent and I'm sure your quilter was thrilled to see this amazing top. Have fun teaching this pattern to so many!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous quilt job--and the quilt itself is pretty gorgeous, too.
    It takes me that long to bind a large quilt. But hubby's aunt used to bind a large quilt by hand in about 4-6 hours. She always told me I'd get faster with practice. Well, I bound my first quilt almost 50 years ago. I wonder how much more practice I will need. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy the binding process but it’s not fast.

      Delete
  4. Seeing yours is inspiring me to take mine out and finish it. It’s a very fun quilt to make!!

    ReplyDelete