Sunday, May 7, 2023

EMPTY SPOOLS SEMINAR AT ASILOMAR 2024

 I am so thrilled to announce I am part of the amazing FACULTY at EMPTY SPOOLS SEMINAR for 2024. Registration will open soon and many of these classes fill quickly. I think mine will be no exception. My class is in Session 2, March 1-6, 2024.

Many years ago when I first learned about this 5-day intensive class experience I wanted to attend. Held at the beautiful Asilomar Conference Center in Monterey, CA, it was definitely on my Bucket List. Now I am privileged to participate as Faculty.

FULL CIRCLE, a pattern by Wendy Williams

My class is a Wendy Williams pattern called FULL CIRCLE. When I first saw this quilt in person in 2020 I knew I would make it and teach it. It is PERFECT for this 5-day format. Made in 4 Quadrants, we will be able to complete the first Quadrant in class and students will know all they need to know to complete the 90" square quilt at home.

In making my sample, I  have prepared a detailed, comprehensive, multi-page set of tips and more instruction that will add significantly to the student experience. 

UPDATE MAY 23, 2023. Here is my completed top, I love this a lot:


At my Joyful Journey Retreat in March 2023, I engaged 6 dedicated students who wanted to TEST my teaching plan for this project. Read more about that HERE. They worked hard for our 4 days together and provided a great deal of feedback which was very helpful.



My sample is almost complete, here you see the first two Quadrants:

Because students at Empty Spools Seminars come from all over the globe, I will provide detailed FABRIC SELECTION information/advice to anyone who wants it. Selecting Fabrics for this quilt takes some effort and planning. I expect to get to know many of the students in advance as they share their ideas for fabrics with me electronically over the next 11 months. 

And, as always, anyone who takes a class with me knows that it comes with  LIFETIME  FREE ADVICE, by email, as long as I am kicking. These students will be confident they are able to go home and finish this amazing quilt. 

Take a look at all the incredible classes offered in 2024 over 5 Sessions. Many of the teachers I know well have told me how much they LOVE having the same group of students for 5 days, so they can really engage with them. And the many students I know who have attended keep THIS EVENT on their Bucket List, as often as they can. 

LOCALS--I will be teaching this locally at SOUTHERN CHARM QUILTING  as a SPECIAL EVENT. September 11, 12, 13, 14, and 15, 2023. My quilt sample will be complete by June 1. You get to take the class AND sleep in your own bed. If coming from out of town, plan on a hotel stay. It will be a very educational and FUN event you are sure to love. Class size is LIMITED so you get lots of special attention.

I hope many of you will join me on our FULL CIRCLE adventure.

Let's quilt.

Barbara

3 comments: