Sunday, November 26, 2023

CONTROLLED CHAOS -- THE STUDIO

 Since returning from Houston 3 weeks ago, my studio has been a mess. I have several projects going at once, things are heaped up everywhere. So it is not a pleasant place to work. Take a look:

The Cutting Table

The Q20 flat surface perfect for dumping stuff

Ironing Station and boxes I might need for shipping sales

Rocking Chair, another dumping spot

Right side of sewing machine

Left side of sewing machine

Cozy chair/dump site

The Design wall at the moment

Before I go any farther, I must make some order from all this chaos!

Several hours later... (because I used the time to cut up all the fabric needed for 20 blocks used in Pick A Petal and design a Baby quilt)

From the doorway

Cutting Surface ready to go, Disappearing Patchwork on the Design Wall 


Two more blocks for Pick A Petal ready to sew on the left side of the machine

Ironing Station all set, no more boxes on the floor

Wow!

Now I am ready to get to work. 

Pick A Petal, the 2024 FREE Block of the Month for Star Members of The Quilt Show has its' own tote, everything all together:

The Fabric Kit and optional Template Set--essential in my opinion

All together in their own tote

Another "MUST DO" Project is a baby quilt for my next grandchild. An alphabet quilt with a Winnie the Pooh back--my son loves Pooh so I bought this fabric more than 25 years ago. I dug it out today to find it is 60" wide decorator fabric, designed as panels. It will be the back and I won't be hand quilting this one:

The design I worked up in EQ8--the letters will be LOTS of colors

I will create a pieced back with these panels and Confetti will be the background fabric on the front of the quilt

Another quilt I have to get made right away is Antelope Canyon--Dit Dot Evolution.  I am teaching it locally at Southern Charm Quilting Huntsville AL March 19 and April 2, 2024. So this top is first priority:


There is one other project I am eager to make, the only fabric/pattern I bought in Houston--actually, I bought it at The Quilted Skein on my day trip to La Grange, TX. It was just so beautiful, easy, and on sale:


So there you have it.  My studio space is once again my refuge and I smile when I come in and see it looking like this. Chaos will return in time but for now, it's neat, tidy and ready to welcome me in.

Let's quilt!

Barbara




4 comments:

  1. Your studio looks just like my sewing room….like a bomb went off and there was a fabric explosion! Thanks for the reminder to organize my stuff and clean up my room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was an excellent title for your post. Thanks for all the visuals. It encouraged me to get mine back to order. I seem to have a habit of getting too many projects out at once. That is an ongoing battle for me that I hope I can win this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your pictures; I’m glad my sewing room is not the only one needing straightening! You have beautiful projects planned. I have made the antelope canyon, it is a beautiful quilt

    ReplyDelete
  4. After I finished Homeward Bound, I did a deep tidy! I had bunches of fabrics in my rolling cart that didn't end up in the quilt. Put those away. I still need to make room in a bookcase for the 3 ring binder

    ReplyDelete