Thursday, June 28, 2012

Josephine's Knot

Josephine's Knot by Calico Carriage Quilt Designs


She's done!  I  love the border fabric--obviously, it's what I used to pick the colors for the rectangle blocks.  An easy quilt, sure to be a favorite of men--they prefer hard, sharp lines, to curvy, flowery things.  This is a long twin, 62" x 96"--should be a good dorm-size quilt for my niece after I teach it.

I plan to quilt this one myself.  FMQ is a real challenge for me so I'll probably stick with those feed dogs--I figure:  I paid for them, I'm going to use them!  Any thoughts on how you would quilt this??

Let's quilt!

Barbara

2 comments:

  1. Barbara, I just love this -- it's beautiful!! The border fabric really makes it, too. I terrible at figuring out how to quilt pieces ... but I'll be watching to see what you decide! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. After you said that about curvy lines and such, I would quilt it with curving designs so that the curves would balance out the sharpness of the designs. Feathers would be nice!!! Or just interlocking circles like on the background of your blog! Cables?

    ReplyDelete