Thursday, June 14, 2012

New Block Swap

Like most busy quilters, I keep adding more things to my "to do" list.  Here's the latest--a block swap with about a dozen quilt guild friends.  It's an easy block:  X-block from Sharyn Craig's book, Layer Em Up!


I made these 6 blocks in less than an hour and a half, including pressing and cutting the fat quarters to cut 10" squares and sewing a block and a half without bobbin thread.  Fast, easy and forgiving, the perfect mix for group quilt projects!  Each person will trim their own--these have not yet been trimmed to 8.5". 

Right now, I'm in the process of finding 12 like-minded quilters.  I'll let you know how that goes.

Let's quilt!

Barbara

2 comments:

  1. The Kentucky Crossroads block! This is one of the blocks that Barbara Brackman did in her Civil War quilt. (LOL! And of all things, my rendition of that block will appear in her CWQ book!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Denise--I'm eager for tht book! Do you want to join the swap? I need several more people.

    ReplyDelete