Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Doll Quilt Swap 2020

I mentioned a couple weeks ago how I was excited that I got in to an international doll quilt swap that I had admired from afar for a few years. Read more about that here: NeedleThimble and Thread Doll Quilt Swap 2020

The doll quilt I received just arrived--all the way from the Netherlands! Miranda Sol-van Paemel, @mirandasolvan, made this for me. Look at all the details and hand stitching. Miranda says this is she and her daughter and their dog from an earlier time, way back. What a unique design:


"Remember Me", 14" x 19" 


The labels on the back are Dutch Wooden Shoes--perfect!

The quilt and all the goodies that came in the package

An adorable cat pin cushion

Dutch Cinnamon Sticks--we used Translate to read all about these. So yummy, mostly cinnamon and sugar!

Great little scissors--these just might be air travel safe

A tiny tin and several lovely tea bags

We do not get to know who is making a quilt for us so it is a total surprise when the package arrives. In this time of Corona virus, I wasn't surprised the package took 24 days to cross the ocean--not too bad.

This was a wonderful swap and I am so glad I got in. Thank you to Christine of Needle Thimble and Thread on Instagram for creating this swap and being sure her rules are followed. I knew whatever I got would be wonderful. This surpassed my expectations. 

I encourage you to check out #ntatdqs2020  on  Instagram  to see photos of all the amazing doll quilts that were swapped--all hand quilted and made with the utmost care.

Let's quilt.

Barbara

5 comments:

  1. What an adorable little quilt. I love hexies and the applique additions finished it off perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's beautiful. What a fun package to receive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lifted my spirits reading this. Just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well worth the wait for your doll quilt to arrive. I ordered a few small pieces of fabric through an Etsy seller and did not notice that the person was in Australia. My little package took much longer than yours to arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete