Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Littles Came to Visit

This post is more family than quilting--jump to the bottom for the quilt.

We had our grandkids for 4 days recently--their Mom had major surgery so they spent 4 days with each set of grandparents so Mom had a week to get a bit better before having them home.

My loves.  Stella is 5, PopPop is more, Sam is almost 2:

 The kids love each other, most of the time, always hug when meeting up again--this is a morning hug upon awakening:
 Stella is a super big sister, always watching out for her "brudder", and teaching him things, like "watch out for the street", "say please and thank you", etc.:
When my two sons were this size I was 40 years younger. Things I forgot:

1. Kids are loud
2. Kids are messy
3. Changing diapers is still not fun--at least we aren't using cloth diapers like I did in the Stone Age
4. Siblings fight over toys--buy two, if possible
5. Kids eat almost hourly--not a lot at once, just very frequently
6. PopPops are pushovers--whatever the grands want, they get
7. Sometimes an Ipad is your best friend:

Watching Disney+ while we watch the news


All in all, the kids did great and we managed pretty well. We did FaceTime each day with Mon and Dad--lots of kisses on our phone screens--and that helped. Stella would be really worried about Mommy for a few minutes then got busy being Stella and all was well.

She is a great picker of blackberries. The first day she picked these and said "BB, we need pie!" And so we had a blackberry pie. She also taught Sam not to pick the red ones, only the black ones:

The best things about Littles I forgot:

1. Snuggling up in a big chair to read books is wonderful
2. Laughing at all the funny things they say and do is wonderful
3. Watching them sleep is like seeing angels--and that is wonderful

So they are back home now. The house is more or less clean and tidy again, and really quiet. I can sew to my heart's content. It was good for all of us, especially Mommy and Daddy who were able to concentrate on Lauren's recovery, which is going very well.

For the next week or so, I will be hunkered down quilting my secret sewing project, which is on deadline:


Let's quilt.

Barbara AKA BB

5 comments:

  1. I am between littles and grand-kids (to whom I look forward, hopefully in the next few years). Reading your "what I forgot's" brought me right back to when my kids were 'littles'. I think I miss the snuggling to read a book or rocking them to sleep the most of all. Loved reading your story today :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Grandkids are our reward for successfully raising their parents--which wasn't always easy.

      Delete
  2. Aren’t littles the best thing in the world! I had to laughs at your first list and I love your second one. I have a 4 year old grandson so I totally get it. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Different topic... So sorry to learn the Houston show was cancelled. We had already bought airline tix and made a hotel reservation. Knowing that you were being featured tipped me over to going this year. I am so sorry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next year. My special exhibit will now be next year. Sure to be lots of happy people there.

      Delete