Wednesday, August 25, 2021

On the Road Again

 This week I head to Dallas to tape The Quilt Show with Alex Anderson and Ricky Tims. Even though it's my fourth time as the "Guest Artist", there are still butterflies. 

The show will air at the beginning of January as we start the 2022 Block of the Month. The quilt is wonderful, I LOVE my sample quilt made with my own fabrics and think a lot of people are going to love this one.

Here is a teaser--it's still Secret Sewing so I can't show you much:


This is the BACK--of course. When I showed this back fabric some weeks ago, there was a run on the fabric at The Quilt Show store. They got it back in and I see they have run out AGAIN. If you want it, let them know by clicking "Notify Me"--you will get an email when it is back in stock.  108" Quilt Backing 

It has nothing to do with the front of the quilt, it is just great fabric about friendship. Since 9 of my best friends helped me make the sample, it was perfect.

It takes a lot of time and effort to prepare for taping so that the show will look like it took no effort at all. Here are my 3 Segment bags, with everything I need for each Segment we will tape--showing how to prepare, create, and enjoy making this quilt pattern:

I have had four phone conversations with the producer, Shelly Heesacker, for a total of about five hours. She is superb at her job, really knows how to make the shows cohesive, interesting and FUN! She is a delight to work with and I am eager to see her again. 

Clothes are planned--what to wear for the taping is a major thing. Too flashy and all people see is what you're wearing. Too bland--that's no fun. Where will the mic go? No buttons, necklaces, scarves, etc, that can bump against the mic and cause problems. Everything is washed and ready to get packed. 

Here are the set decoration quilts I am taking: 


As I will be in Dallas less than 48 hours, this is my luggage--assuming everything fits. I never know until I start filling up that big purple suitcase. If I have to, I will add an additional smaller piece of luggage for my clothes. Quilts take up more room in luggage than you think:


The quilt is likely to be revealed in October, as usual, so I still won't be able to show it to you until then. It will be a challenge to take photos on the set I CAN show you when I get home.

Let's quilt.

Barbara

6 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing you in The Quilt Show in January. You are such a good explainer, er teacher, that it makes the BOM fun. Safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun! I look forward to see the reveal. I know how hard it is to not show something until the time is right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am ready for you to be home and see what is what!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun! Looking forward to the big reveal

    ReplyDelete