Sunday, August 29, 2021

Hummingbird Hollow is Finished

 Happy to have this one done and on the wall:


I got the fabrics for it from my friend Janet Noever's Estate Sale, after she passed away in 2020. She had the brilliant idea to make Afternoon Delight WITHOUT all the applique blocks. 

Afternoon Delight was the 2020 Block of the Month for The Quilt Show. Designed by the late Sue Garman, this pattern was on my bucket list for years. When it was selected for the Block of the Month,  I would finally get to make it. I had help--the Sunday Sew and Sews made the 40 applique blocks and a lot of the pieced blocks. Here is my finished quilt:

quilted by Lois Kindley

Janet liked the basic pattern design, but not applique. The fabric she found has hummingbirds in a floral design that fits the pattern nicely, with the addition of a 1" finished border around each motif. All the fabrics needed were stored neatly in a craft box--Janet loved her craft boxes! 

Just  a tiny sample of things sold at the sale--search Estate Sale to find several more posts about  this:

Denise was thrilled with her purchases

A drop in a very large bucket of project boxes sold--at least 400 were sold


Back to Janet's Afternoon Delight. I got the top made pretty quickly, then quilted it. Here are some detail shots of the quilting designs I came up with:



Shown from the back. After I looked at this photo, I saw the missing diagonal line in one block. Do you see it? I will go back and fix it when this comes off the wall next month: 


The label: 

Now it's time to start another quilt. And quilt a few of those waiting their turn under the needle. 

Let's quilt. 

Barbara



1 comment: