Sunday, January 16, 2022

Antique Quilts # 4

 Today I will be cleaning up from the big de-stash sale I held the last 3 days. If there are any great things left I will  offer them to you, here, on Wednesday January 19, 2022.

For a quick post, here is another antique quilt top in my collection. The block is called Economy or Garden of Eden, among other names. I bought it at International Quilt Festival in Houston some years back from Julia Kelly-Hodenius, owner of Pique. If I recall correctly, it came from Pennsylvania, my home state.

Here it is laid on the floor: 


This isn't a great full photo since it is pinned to the design wall on top of my Lifetime quilt under construction: 

Frugal patchwork: 
Love these Neon fabrics: 

Quite a design sense, very scrappy, not something  contemporary quiltmakers are likely to do: 
 

I have begun replicating this and hope to get back to it later this year:


Let's quilt.


1 comment:

  1. Love this!!! I have many reproduction prints and double pinks
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete