Sunday, January 30, 2022

What Am I Working On?

 My guild quilt show is coming up the 3rd weekend in March, 2022. My entries were submitted some months ago. Now it's time to finish two of them.

I figured I would need two weeks to quilt and finish my biggest quilt--it's 110" x 110". This week I've put in 20 hours over 4 days and I'm about a third of the way done. So, it's more likely to take 3-4 weeks. Fortunately, I am caught up on other jobs and am home to do all this quilting.

A few shots of the process: 





Mostly Ruler work, with some Free Motion quilting . Working out the designs took a little time and once I started, I adjusted the plan to add more quilting in places. While working on this I am thinking of how to quilt the border. It's 4" wide and can handle some pretty, curvy quilting. I still have plenty of time to think about that.

Stay tuned.

The BIG news is I will be teaching on a Quilt Cruise for Stitchin' Heaven in 2023--March 11-18. Sailing on a big ship in the Caribbean. More information to come on that in the future. Last year's cruises were canceled but we are back to quilting at sea again and I am excited! I hope some of you will  join us.

Let's quilt.

Barbara


1 comment:

  1. Oh, that is a beautiful quilt! So much work to quilt, but you are doing a great job!
    How fun for you to teach on a cruise!!

    ReplyDelete