Wednesday, June 15, 2022

More Neutrals

 I am still playing with a Neutrals quilt, using Disappearing Patchwork blocks. Previous posts about this project can be found here:

Disappearing Patchwork --there are several layouts in this post and I asked for opinions

A Neutral Quilt

Two more Disappearing Patchwork blocks have been made--lighter overall this time. The first blocks I made have a few darker fabrics--they have been moved to the four corners. This layout will be 16 blocks, each is 13" square:


Two other Disappearing blocks were made a month ago. I thought I could use them as alternate blocks. BUT they are not the same size. The pinwheel blocks are 13" finished, these are 12.5":


It would take some playing with numbers to see if I can make this one 13" finished without having to use wacky measurements. When I get more of the pinwheel blocks done, I will play with that task.

The other day, someone made the comment that she probably couldn't make a whole quilt from neutrals--as she would be screaming for COLOR. 

I get that. Here is the other ongoing project I am deep into--plenty of color:


This is a small wallhanging from Garden Party Down Under--I still have to complete four corner blocks that are applique and finish sewing the lower left block in place. That has to wait until after July 1 when I do a LIVE video for The Quilt Show featuring that block. It is easier to show just the block under the camera. The Diamond borders are the same style as the original quilt but are smaller. There are also "Floater borders" to add that will make the Diamond borders fit the center perfectly.

I didn't see the need to make a second complete GPDU but I have all the parts I am making this year for the Blog posts, Videos and LIVE videos. Assembling them into smaller wallhangings makes it more likely they will get finished some day.

Here is the other wallhanging, Months 1 and 2:


Back to making Disappearing Pinwheel Patchwork blocks.

Let's quilt.

Barbara



2 comments:

  1. Okay, I switched browsers, and now I can comment as me and not "anonymous"!
    Yes, that is me--screaming for color!! LOL So the last two projects you share here really speak to me. Each one is like Summertime, squared!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your individual quilts for GPDU look spectacular. That was a great idea because you're right. Probably don't really need a 2nd quilt.

    ReplyDelete