Sunday, October 9, 2022

Controlled Chaos

 With Houston around the corner, and classes in full swing, my studio space is in a state of semi-controlled chaos.

I have two major quilts in active construction mode. Three classes in the next 6 days. A surprise extra bonus fabric for yet another garment, if I get time to make it. And all the usual house stuff, like paying bills, planning and preparing meals, etc.

Lest you think my studio is always neat and tidy, here you go:




I really should spend an hour putting something away but that hour hasn't materialized yet. So I just move things around when I am creating things.

Before I go to Houston I will make some order out of this chaos so I don't come home to this mess. 

The good news is the two major quilts are coming together nicely and I like what I am seeing. I'll be able to share those projects with you soon.

Let's quilt.

Barbara

9 comments:

  1. Still looks great to me it is controlled neat and full of incentive

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mess is my best day! I dream of having my studio space as straight as your controlled chaos. See you in Houston.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your controlled chaos! That's how quilters work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What your sewing room is....... is huge...... nice going.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this looks like mine but you have completed (or almost) projects to show for your chaos. I know you will persevere!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are SOOOOoo funny!! If I wasn’t so mortally embarrassed, I’d post a pic of MY controlled chaos studio, where access is only by walking sideways and getting to my Bernie is only possible by climbing over mountains of fabric and boxes of stuff

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are Alex Anderson and Ricky Tims going to Houston Quilt Festival this year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alex is definitely not and I don’t think Ricky will be there.

      Delete