Wednesday, October 19, 2022

My Favorite Quilts

 A student asked me the other day "How many quilts do you think you have made?" My reply was "Hundreds.". 

I used to  keep a photo notebook as each quilt got done but ended that process in the late 1990's I think. That was back in the olden days when you took a photo with a camera and sent the film off to be developed and printed. Now it's all digital files and computer folders for most of us.

Many of my quilts were teaching samples, most smaller than bed size and there are many of those. I have been giving them away over time when it is clear they will never be a class sample again.

My quilts are everywhere:

Spare bedroom, quilt overflow room

Pile on the chair are too big to put anywhere else at the moment

Little bittys in a basket

Smalls in an antique crib

Shelf in the Living Room

It's Fall, y'all

Since I will be gone to Houston for a couple of weeks soon, I will use this time to mention a few of my most favorite quilts. And tell their story. Every quilt has a story.

Stay tuned starting Sunday October 23, 2022 for My Favorite Quilts.

Let's quilt.

Barbara

1 comment:

  1. It looks like it would be fun to have a quilt treasure hunt at your house. In the meantime, I will look forward to the posts of your favorites.

    ReplyDelete