Sunday, March 24, 2019

The Lowly Four-Patch

Still searching for my Next Lifetime Quilt pattern to use as the next Leader/Ender project. As I have boxes full of 2" finished four-patches that might be a good way to go.

I have made small quilts with four-patches:


And big quilts with four-patches:


Some more ideas to consider. Four-patches in a Nine-patch set block, then set on-point, pretty interesting:


An Amish quilt circa 1900, I really like this one. What I think I like best is the orange and blue combination and they are all solid--mine are all prints:

from Surrendr Dorothy on Flickr
A few years ago I started assembling some of the many four--patches made as Leader/Enders--they didn't make my heart go pitty-pat then or now:


 I like this one best but don't love it enough to dedicate years to it:


Just some of the many four-patches made and waiting for inspiration:


Still pondering. When I know what I want to do, I'll know, and jump in. 

Let's quilt,

Barbara

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful quilts and love your scrap container of 4 patches...they are waiting for you to come up with more creative ideas! Love scraps...I always find something to use them for!😊
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe something with a 16 patch?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a good plan. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a quilt that my mom made for me designed by MaBeth Oxenreider. It is a triple 4-patch, but the 4 patches are very small. I love it. It was in American Patchwork and Quilting many years ago and they have the pattern now on their website. I have linked it here.
    https://www.apqshop.com/Timeless-Treasure-p/qgr-00004.htm
    It may not be what you want to make, but it may spawn an idea. :)

    ReplyDelete