Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Love Your Layout

I am developing a new class called "Love Your Layout". Basically, a design class to help quilters embrace "quilter's math" and gain confidence to design their own quilts.

So far, there are 3 samples.

Double 4 Patch Zig Zag set:


Double 4 Patch with Alternate Blocks:


Double 4 Patch, Strippy Style:


One of these is set in straight rows, two are on-point sets. All use a 4" finished block. I had a huge pile of 2" finished 4 patches so that is what I used--four of those together make a Double 4 Patch in my book.

Lots of ideas swirling about how best to present this in a one-day class. Ideally, a two day class would get students well underway with this project.

Stay tuned for more samples and class schedule. Most likely, Fall of 2020 I'll be ready to offer it to "test subjects". 

Let's quilt.

Barbara

7 comments:

  1. I love all three of these! Still trying to figure out which one is the straight set one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The double zig zag is the straight set. I love quilting math.

      Delete
    2. Ding ding ding—we have a winner!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful samples. Double 4-patch is such a versatile block.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all three--and I had to enlarge the photos to see how in the world the double zigzag could be the straight set. I have been enlightened!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have my attention and they are all FABULOUSOO!!!!

    ReplyDelete