Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Packing for the Retreat

The first Joyful Journey Retreat starts today! It's been in the planning stages for almost two years--we are ready to get our FUN on!

It's a 3 tote bag trip, plus my clothes--almost forgot to pack those. And the red traveling cooler behind the giant cutting mat holds a Featherweight and machine sewing supplies:


Shhh, the giant cutting mat is the Grand Prize--one lucky quilter will be taking this home with her...

Here are HALF the gift bags--my Admin partner and friend Kathy Root has the other half. They are filled with wonderful gifts--just wait until you see the haul:


Seventeen great quilting friends are joining us--we had one open spot, so sorry we couldn't fill that one. Next time, in about two years, I bet we'll be full. We will get to know each other, some for the very first time, some as long-time friends, learn tips and tricks while making a new project, and get lots of other quilt-y things done. Wish you were here...

I will take lots of photos and a blog post should happen this time next week. In the meantime, here is where we will be:



Let's quilt.

Barbara


5 comments:

  1. I'm sure you'll have lots of fun! Retreats are the BEST!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Y'all will have a blast, I'm certain of it!! It's a lot of work prepping for retreat, isn't it?! Especially when you're the person in charge!! Can't wait to see retreat pics! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing your report of the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Is that a Quilter's Select mat. I just bought the smaller one, and 2 rulers. I absolutely love it. I hadn't purchased a new mat in 13 years. I take good care of all my tools, but enough was enough. I was afraid to veer away from my beloved Omnigrid brand, but I LOVE the Quilters Select. Whomever wins is one Lucky Quilter.

    ReplyDelete