Sunday, October 25, 2020

Land Ahoy Nashville!

 So many plans were changed for 2020. This is the time I should be spending 13 days in Houston. We all are experiencing withdrawal symptoms as we miss the camaraderie of our friends and co-workers.

Let's look on the BRIGHT SIDE:  Stitchin Heaven has planned some great "Land Ahoy Cruises" for 2021 and I am teaching at the one in Nashville, TN, March 14-21, 2021. Take a Look, Land Ahoy Nashville!:



The theme for this week of fun, stitching, touring, eating, having a great time together is the History of the Civil War. Tours to historic places as well as great quilt shops will add to the two exciting quilt projects you will learn. And so much more.

It is not too early to make your plans now. For my local friends, it's only two hours drive up the road. For my farther afield friends, Nashville is a super town to visit and they have an excellent airport.

The class I am teaching is called Parlor Music, designed by Carol Hopkins of the Civil War Legacies books:


If you have followed my work, you know how I enjoy working with Civil War Reproduction fabrics. Western Sun is coming along beautifully. It is an homage to an old quilt I first saw online. It is half done at this point:


And it bears a bit of resemblance to two more of my favorite quilts, made to replicate a top I bought at a yard sale that has been dated to about 1875. Five Easy Pieces, the EASY version:

Pieces of the Past, Circa 1875, the NOT-so-easy version--but exactly like the original top. As a special treat, I will bring the very fragile top with me to share with the students--the fabrics in it are breathtaking:: 

Of course, I love Batiks and bright fabrics too, but some of my best quilts have come from Reproductions. How about Foothills:


I sure hope to see you in Nashville. Quilters are very eager to get back together and this might be just the perfect place for you!

Let's quilt.

Barbara

3 comments:

  1. What a very clever idea to do the Land Ahoy cruises! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the land cruise idea, too. And throw in the Civil War history--that makes it very attractive to me. Someday I really want to get to Tennessee. I have ancestors from there on both my Dad's and my Mom's sides.
    The quilts are all stunning, from the simplest to the most complex. Western Sun leaves me in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Western Sun is stunning! Love how you framed the inner block with just a bit of black. It looks terrific.

    ReplyDelete