Wednesday, April 14, 2021

ANNOUNCEMENT: HOUSTON 2021

 I am thrilled to announce that more than 20 of my life's works will be on display at International Quilt Market and Festival this Fall. Festival dates are  October 27-31, 2021. The Special Exhibit, entitled "My Joyful Journey", will feature some of my earliest, truly beginning quilts, and show my progression to the quiltmaker I am today. Four of the quilts will be those that have won Best of Show. All 5 of the quilts in the banner up above will be there.

Many of them are stored here:


Some are stored rolled up and some are on display throughout my home. A few will be for sale. Photos of the quilts can be found earlier on this blog--I told the story of each one beginning December 20, 2020, and finishing March 21, 2021. 

There is something magical about seeing a collection of quilts featured in Houston. I have had several quilts displayed in the Special Exhibit "In The American Tradition".  Seeing your work among such wonderful quilts is hard to describe. 

 Here is a photo I took in 2018--the black drapes, the perfect lighting, the signs telling the story of each quilt--just so amazing. This is a special exhibit, featuring my friend's quilt: Contentment: A 25th Anniversary Celebration, by Teresa Yielding Rawson:

I told my family I consider this my "Lifetime Achievement Award" and very much want them to come see it. So, I better find them a room...

It is sure to be almost as exciting as 2014. And Red and White--By The Numbers, will be featured as part of my Special Exhibit. It is part of the Corporate collection of Quilts, Inc.:


I hope you will be able to join us in Houston this Fall. Get your shot and wash your hands!

Let's quilt.

Barbara

16 comments:

  1. Congratulations Barbara! How gracious of the Houston staff to recognize you and your accomplishments again!!! Can't promise I can go, but I am seriously considering it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited, again, for you! I am looking at my calendar! Some of these gems I haven't seen in person yet! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on a well deserved display!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a wonderful, and well earned honor, Barbara! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on a true lifetime achievement. Proud to know you and to have attended some of your classes. In my 1st class you said the goal was to hook at least 1 student into the craft of quilting. Teacher, you met the goal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! That is still my goal and I am still successful!

      Delete
  6. Congratulations! This is a well deserved, well earned honor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wooooohoooooooo! Can’t wait to see them, but can’t wait to see and hug you even more!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good news about the show and your exhibit.
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a salute to YOU! Well deserved too, I must add.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Barbara,
    I'm planning on attending the Houston Quilt Show this year! I can't wait to see all of your beautiful quilts! My cousin and I have tried to look up more information about the show. Do you know if they are going to be offering classes? We were just wondering if we should book our hotel for all three days or is one day enough to see everything?
    Thanks! I look forward to seeing you there! I'm so proud and happy for you! You work really hard and deserve all the recognition!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is Shelley by the way..(not sure why my name didn't pop up) lol

      Delete
    2. There will be classes, those are being figured out now. One day is absolutely not enough time to see all the quilts nor all the vendors, two days isn't enough, so I recommend 3 for sure. As soon as the schedule is up, I will post about it.

      Delete
  11. Congratulations on that fabulous news!!

    ReplyDelete