Sunday, August 21, 2022

Annual Quilt Guild Potluck Dinner

 I have  been a member of the Heritage Quilters of Huntsville since right after I moved to Huntsville, AL, in 1988. It is a great guild and has been an important part of my joyful journey as a quilter. 

For various reasons, it's been a year since I was able to attend a meeting. This past week we had the annual potluck dinner and membership renewal. I was determined to be there. Good food, good friends, being a part of a like-minded group of quilters--what's not to love?

A few scenes from the evening,  as we are now celebrating 35 years of quilt guild strength.

Outgoing President Suzi Wilbanks with the "President's Quilt" made for her by her Board. She loves teal and this is the perfect quilt for her: 


Board Members wearing their 35 Year Anniversary t-shirts: 


What I didn't eat--there were TWO dessert tables and I only visited to take home a treat for my husband--he LOVES this meeting:

More: 

The Board provided the fried chicken, all the paper goods and drinks: 

We all brought side dishes--the non-desserts were placed on the table in front of the person who brought it. When it was time for dinner everyone moved left, inside and out, all go LEFT!  No one is stuck with whatever is left after everyone else is called. I love this method--it's a brilliant way to feed lots of people at once. Everyone moves around the entire horseshoe table layout and we all get back to our seats about the same time so everyone eats at the same time. 

The drinks, chicken and desserts were in other areas of the room, so it was easy to get those things after we circled the tables. 

Just one side of the room--we had about 70 members in attendance:


Good Friends  April and Suzie--they asked me to "take our picture" so I did: 

I paid my dues for this next year and was really glad I was able to attend this meeting. The only time we do food is this August meeting and the December meeting--when only sweets are served--my husband loves that meeting too.

Let's quilt.

Barbara

1 comment: