Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Traveling to Teach

 This week I am traveling to Tuscaloosa, AL to teach two workshops to the West Alabama Quilters Guild.

Friday August 26 is WESTERN SUN. I love this quilt and all it can teach us. I hope the students will enjoy this one:


Wild Western Sun--class sample about 45" square


Western Sun--made for my bed, 110" square


I  have written about this several times--it is a replica of an old quilt I fell in love with. Find just one of the prior posts about this quilt HERE

Saturday August 27, 2022 is CHARMING SAMPLER. A real favorite of mine to teach, this was designed as a special class for the first annual Joyful Journey Retreat, in 2019. It has 3" blocks but they are taught in a variety of speedy ways--so much fun. And a great way to use the Charm Packs we buy and don't know what to do with.

Each sample here is about 33" square. Every time I teach it I want to come right home and make a new one: 

My original class sample

The second one I made

This is a driving trip, about 3 hours southwest of my home. I will enjoy two nights in a hotel, good food, and great new quilter friendships to be made.

Let's quilt.

Barbara



3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to both workshops!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I would take both of these classes, if you were teaching anywhere near me!

    ReplyDelete