Sunday, April 16, 2023

LET'S GO TO ALASKA!


UPDATE: REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN! DON'T DELAY. USE THE BUTTON ON THE RIGHT TO GET ALL THE INFORMATION. Be sure to indicate I referred you when you register--that's good for both of us!

 I recently enjoyed teaching on a Stitchin Heaven Quilt Cruise in the Caribbean. I have written about that here: Part One and Part Two. 

Upon my return, I thanked the good folks at Stitchin Heaven and said I would be interested in teaching for them at sea again. Timing is everything. Planning for 2024 Alaska cruises is underway and they had an idea that made me a good fit.

The theme for this Quilt Cruise is Civil War and I often use those kind of reproduction fabrics in my quilts.

That same day I was set to make the Class Sample, quilt and bind it, write the pattern and get it all to Stitchin Heaven as quickly as possible. How does two weeks sound? I did it. The sample is my design  and this one is called Civil War Puzzle. It looks far more complicated than it is:


August 9-16 2024 is the ALASKA LEGACY QUILTING VOYAGE, onboard Royal Caribbean's OVATATION OF THE SEAS ship. See Royal Caribbean's website for basic information about this cruise:  Alaska Adventure

Registration with Stitchin Heaven will open soon. From the interest I have already gotten from friends who read my previous blog, this trip will sell out. Save the date, save your pennies, and plan to join us on the trip of a lifetime.

I was last in Alaska on a cruise 20 years ago, and my husband and I have wanted to go back. He had a good time last month on the Harmony of the Seas, and said he would like to go to Alaska. So here we go. There were several spouses on the Caribbean cruise and I expect more will come along to Alaska. There is plenty of time to see the sights and beauty of Alaska, as well as the class time on sea days. 

Just as soon as registration opens, I encourage you to book with Stitchin Heaven right away to be sure you don't miss out. I will let you know once Registration opens.

Let's quilt.

Barbara


7 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to see Alaska. But the thought of a cruise terrifies me! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cruises are a great way to see several places. Unpack once, then go to different towns most days. Great food, excellent service, lots of public space. I love this way to travel.

      Delete
  2. I'm talking to my hubby about this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is lot #9 still available? Jostendarp1@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete