Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Take A Minute

Recently, I received a card in the mail:


I call it a "love letter". It was from one of the Sunday Sew & Sews, and someone who also attended the awesome Joyful Journey First Retreat in March.

She took the time to tell me what our group and Retreat mean to her. How much she has learned since she was a "baby quilter" when we began our journey together, just over 3 years ago. How much she gets from the joy of quilting.

It was one of those notes that bring tears of joy to the eyes. Over the years I have received many of these, from students mostly, and they are all saved in a lovely basket:




Someday my kids will find them and see their mother in a different light.

SO, take a minute--is there someone who means a lot to you? Are you sure they know the positive impact they make in your life?

Take a minute--send a note, handwritten, in the mail--to let them know. If for no other reason than it will make them happy. It will touch their heart.

If you haven't mailed anything lately, first class postage is currently 55 cents. I buy a book of "Forever" stamps when I need them so have to look up the current rate.

Send a note, it only takes a minute. Then:

Let's quilt.

Barbara

3 comments:

  1. A sweet action on the part of your friend, and great advice from you. I used to do more note writing--it would be a great day brightener for people during these crazy days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you keep them all in the basket. There is nothing better than a written note that you can hold, think about the person, contemplate it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete