Friday, May 1, 2020

AFTERNOON DELIGHT--Month 5

Here we are at Month 5 of Afternoon Delight.

This pattern is the 2020 Block of the Month pattern offered FREE to Star members of The Quilt Show--join today to receive the entire year of patterns free. This is in addition to all the great content provided by The Quilt Show, 26 shows, a new one every two weeks, and so much more. If you want to know more about why I am such a fan, here is why.

If your Shoo Fly blocks are done, all you have this month are four Applique blocks.

I will confess, I did not make any of these for my Demo Quilt. Several of these blocks are similar to earlier blocks so I don't have much new info this month.

Here are the blocks from the Sample quilt made last year by the Sunday Sew and Sews and me:

Block 17

In the written Instructions, Sue recommends fussy cutting a beautiful print fabric for the flowers for both Blocks 18 and 19:

Block 18
Block 19

Block 20
See my earlier blog with detailed instructions for this "Twirly Balls" kind of block:  


Here are the other two blocks that are very similar to Block 20. They are so similar it was hard for me to find them in my photos: 

Block 23--coming in Month 7
Block 10--done in Month 3

What if there are some applique blocks you just don't like? This is a great opportunity to design your own block or substitute one you prefer. Draw a 6" block and play around with simple shapes for your design.

Note that some of the applique blocks are "Circles" and some are "X's"--this will be important at the end when you assemble the quilt. Substitute a Circle for a Circle, or an X for an X.

Since Month 6 was released two months early so you could start on the 64 Double 9 Patch blocks, next month I will feature some of the work being done by others on this quilt. You are encouraged to post photos on the Forum so I can find them. I will ask your permission before I show your blocks. Please post your photos here:

Show and Tell Your Blocks

Let's quilt,

Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment