Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Problems with Follow It

 If you follow this blog by email, you are using Follow It, an email subscription service. The prior email service Google used was great, but then, POOF!, last July it went away and I had to find a new way to accommodate the almost 1000 people who follow this blog by email. I chose Follow It based on discussion with other bloggers who thought it was the best of what was available.

Yesterday a friend who is also a teacher and writes her own blog, let me know a political ad was attached to the email she received, the email that lets followers know there is a new post on this blog.


Know FOR SURE--I did not add that link to my blog, Follow It did. 

I immediately checked with them and the only way I can remove any ads is to pay for their highest level of service. Which I do not want to do. 

My blog is not monetized--meaning I don't have ads running throughout the blog that pay me money. This is all free to you from me, it only costs my time to write, share and teach what I want to share.

Know FOR SURE--I will never add anything political to my blog--from any side of the fence. My blog is my journal about my quilting journey and how I reach out to share what I know with you. 

Your OPTIONS for following my blog (and any others you follow):

1. Continue on just as you have with Follow It, just ignore any links at the end of the email--almost 1000 of you follow this blog that way.

2. Follow with Bloglovin'--that is my preferred method. I follow about 30 blogs and get a daily email that shows me what is new on any I follow. Easy, no cost. There is a button on the right to use for this. Almost 900 of you follow this blog that way. Lately, they have had issues being overcapacity--I hope this is fixed soon.

3. Follow with Feedly.com, another blog following service--about 100 people use that and I haven't gotten any complaints about that service. 

4. If you have a Google account, follow with that. Currently, 366 people currently use that method. There is a Follow button over there on the right. 

5. Simply remember I post every Wednesday and Sunday--come to the blog each of those days to see the current post.

6. Many see my reminder on Facebook each Wednesday and Sunday and go to the blog from that post.

As the political season heats up ads will only appear more and more everywhere. We can't avoid them but we don't have to engage with them either. Just ignore links you don't want to see. I rarely click on ANY link on social media or the Internet I did not go to specifically. 

Have a good day and Let's quilt!

Barbara


9 comments:

  1. I am glad to know that about follow.it. I was not aware.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I follow you on Follow it. I've never seen any ads. I can't follow you on Bloglovin although I use to be able to

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try Feedly.com. It works on desktop computers, tablets and phones. I've used it for years and never had a problem. And you will never see an ad even on the basic edition. Some times you may have to click through to the actual blog website to see all the pictures.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing your wisdom. I enjoy your writings every week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the heads up. I too enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My link for your post is blogspot.com. Which blog service is this? I enjoy blogs without all the advertisements. Thank you for an ad free site!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blogspot is the platform the blog is written on. Follow.It is the subscription service used to “follow by email”.

      Delete