Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Local Classes--Winter 2020

Here are my Winter 2020 Class offerings locally. I travel a lot to teach all over the country--it is the BEST to be able to teach here at home. Many of my students become friends. I hope you will find something here that interests you.

Patches & Stitches, 603 Humes Ave, Huntsville, AL 35801 256-533-3886
All Classes will be announced by them around Thanksgiving:

QUILTMAKING 101: Learn all the basics

I revised the class sample to make the project faster and easier. Over 1500 people have taken my beginning classes over 30+ years. I love getting students excited about quilting.  Two sessions:

Session 1: Jan 7, 14, 28, Feb 4, 11, 2020     5:30-8 pm.
Session 2: Feb 18, 25, Mar 3, 10, 17, 2020   5:30-8 pm

ORGANIC APPLIQUE': Learn to use the big, bold beautiful prints we love but are scared of. I got excited about the new book of the same name by Kathy Doughty last Fall at Market. Now the book is available and I got a simple sample done quickly:

Saturday Feb 8, 2020   9-4   Come and play with fabric, color and design!

CIRCA 2016:  This adorable quilt is a favorite--made with 2.25” and 3” blocks. Get a good start in class and continue your journey. Lots of tips for accurate piecing and good color selection will be taught. Back by Popular demand.



Sat March 28, 2020  9-4  Last chance for this class, it won't be offered again.

SYLVIA'S BRIDAL SAMPLER--I love it when students ask me for a class they want to take. During the last Sunday Sew and Sews meeting, it was proposed I teach this over the next year, in a lecture/demo format, all sewing is done at home. The best part--one member had the quilt finished and I could use it as the class sample while making mine for class. Good idea:

Friday Jan 10, Feb 7, Mar 6, Apr 3, May 8, June 5, 2020  6-8 pm--ONLY A FEW SPOTS REMAIN IN THIS CLASS--call now to enroll so you don't miss out.

I decided 6 months was enough to teach a variety of the techniques used in this book. Those who were interested started calling the shop right away and the 16 spaces are close to full.

My fabric pull for my sample:


BARB'S SEWING CENTER, 2310 Whitesburg Dr SW, Huntsville, AL 35801   256 539 2414

SMITTEN: One of the most popular classes I teach around the country. A template set makes quick work of cutting out shapes that all fit in a hexagon design:

Saturday January 11 and February 15, 2020  9am-1pm

2020 BLOCK OF THE MONTH from www.thequiltshow.com. Here it is, Afternoon Delight, designed by Sue Garman:


Saturday Jan 4, April 4, June 6, Oct 3, Dec 5, 2020 9-11 am. You must be a Star member of www.thequiltshow.com to get the patterns for this wonderful quilt for FREE--that's an $80 savings.

Membership provides a world of info and terrific shows--the show I taped will air January 1, 2020 as we roll out the first month's pattern for this project.
This is a lecture/demo class--all sewing is done at home. I show lots of tips and tricks for each month's patterns. Learn several ways to applique', by machine or by hand. And become a master at piecing with all the practice this quilt provides.

Huntsville Sew Creative, 1847 University Dr NW, Huntsville, AL 35801

PATRIOTIC PINEAPPLES:  What could be better than spending President's Day making a Pineapple quilt?! Learn both paper and precision piecing for the Pineapple Log Cabin block, then use your favorite method to complete your quilt. A scrap buster for sure:

Monday February 17, 2020, President's Day, 9-3:30

Let's quilt.

Barbara

2 comments:

  1. I am SOOOOO looking forward to the TQS BOM with your design. Going to be so fun!

    ReplyDelete