Sunday, October 27, 2019

Baby Quilts--Select Your Own #2

Isn't it wonderful when new babies are expected? So exciting for the parents and we have hope for the future.

I have a stack of small quilts that would be great for babies so when I learn of a new little one on the way,  I let the parents choose whichever they like.

Here is the latest I just added to that stack. It is done and washed, all I have to do is add the baby's name to the label:

40" x 40" 
UPDATE--this one has been selected for baby Edwards/Wasserman, due April 2020--great choice!

I made these New York Beauty blocks in 2018-2019 during my guild's Secret Stitcher program. Those who wanted to participate filled out a questionnaire, and were assigned a "secret stitcher". Each month, gifts from an unknown quilt friend were exchanged at the guild meeting. At the end of the year, names were revealed.

I decided to make two of these NY Beauty blocks each month, kept one and passed the other on to my secret stitcher, along with a thimble from my collection --she collects thimbles too. It was easy--no wondering each month what to give her--just get those blocks made. I wrote about it here.

So, the next time a new baby is coming, I'll share this with the parents. They pick which they want and I'm not scrambling to make yet another quilt.

All the rest of the baby quilts still up for grabs can be found in this post:

Baby Quilts--Select Your Own #1

Rather than repeat all that info, the parents can just go there.

Let's quilt.

Barbara

3 comments: