Sunday, January 12, 2020

Quilts I Should Finish This Year

Many of us get excited to START a new project, but don't always FINISH those previously started.

Here are a few I really WANT to finish in 2020:

1. Patriotic Pineapple--I put this on my local teaching schedule to force me to dig it back out and get her done--it's about half way done and all I need is time to make it a priority:


2. Economy Block: this one is a replica of an antique top I bought a few years ago from Julia Kelly-Hodenius, owner of Pique'. It is a bit more than half done--the top photo is one block: 
 The antique top:

3. $795: A funny name which I may explain later. This was started years ago and I really WANT to finish--hoping this is the year. I have two of these rows done, about 26" wide x 54" long. I am either 25%, 50 %, or 66.67% finished:


4. Star of Texas: designed years ago from a very small graphic I saw. I wrote to the person who designed the graphic and got permission to make a quilt like it--in the old days when that sort of thing happened with letters through the mail. It took all my math skills to get this far--I remember working in 1/32 of an inch increments--nuts! 

Now I don't care for the background fabric and will replace that with a more contemporary fabric. All of this has been stored for at least 20 years but this might just be the year I get back to it:


In addition to all the usual projects I am working on, class samples, blog posts,  BOM commitments, etc., these will have to work their way into my schedule.  Having them out of the closet, on the design wall, visible, will help get them moved to the front of the line.

I'll bet you have a few UFO's (unfinished objects), or PHD's (projects half done), or PIGS (projects in grocery sacks). Whatever we call them, at some point we were excited enough to start them. 

Let's quilt.

Barbara

13 comments:

  1. Oh let's not even go there! Every time I think I'm going to get to working on finishing up a project or cracking open a bin with a project waiting to be started, something comes along... like a BOM that I just can't resist doing. I'm not even going to try and count the plastic bins beneath my longarm frame that all contain at least one project ( at least one bin has the makings and patterns for THREE dresden plate quilts) waiting to be started or finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many pretty quilt tops. Yes, I also have many awaiting finishing. Maybe in 2020 we can all get many finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good variety in these projects. Never a reason to get bored when you have so many options from which to choose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now, Barbara---how can you leave us all in suspense over that $795 quilt? Please! I cannot sleep until I know--or maybe I should just work on my own UFO's PHDS, and PIGS---although I think they might be PITs (projects in Totes)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Star of Texas is pretty fantastic. I'd like to make that! Barbara Brackman is bringing back her BOM from 2012 -- Grandmother's Choice -- and I'm going to get back to work on it, for sure. And my huge hexie quilt, too. Lots of choices, actually! LOL! Variety is the spice of life, right?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a reasonable goal. Looking forward to seeing the finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha, I have tons of started projects but have also narrowed it down to four in particular to finish this year!

    ReplyDelete