Thursday, January 2, 2020

Local Opportunities This Quarter

If you are local to me, the North Alabama, Southern Tennessee area, there are a few opportunities I want to be sure you know about:

1. SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT--We have ONE opening for the first Joyful Journey Retreat, March 11-15, 2020, due to a medical issue that caused one person to have to drop out. We are sorry to lose her BUT that means one of YOU now gets to join us!




Don't miss this RETREAT--SPECIAL EVENT!--look at this post for all the information you need. Contact me or Kathy, the Admin for the Retreat, to get the brochure--this is sure to be a super-fun event--with a special small quilt that will be taught during some of our time together. I hope YOU are the lucky one who gets to join us:



2. AFTERNOON DELIGHT--class throughout 2020 for those who want some assistance with the Block of the Month from The Quilt Show.  Class meets 5 times in 2020, this starts Saturday January 4, 2020, 9-11 am. It's not too late to sign up today. No Sewing in class--lecture/demo--just come and learn, do all your sewing in the comfort of your own sewing space. Call today to sign up and don't miss the first session:  Barb's Sewing Center 256-539-2414.




3. SYLVIA'S BRIDAL SAMPLER: This class was a special request--a lecture/demo class that meets once a month for 6 months on a Friday night--dinner out first for those who want to socialize too. All sewing is done at home--I will teach lots of tips and tricks to help you on this project--only a couple spots remain, class starts Friday January 10, 2020, Patches & Stitches, 256 533- 3886.



4. SMITTEN: Such a popular class, I teach it a lot to guilds around the country. The only time this year for this class. Y-Seams don't have to be scary. Saturday January 11 and February 15, 2020, 9-1, Barb's Sewing Center, 256-539-2414. 



5. ORGANIC APPLIQUE: Have wonderful BIG prints, like Kaffe Fassett fabrics, and don't know what to do with them? How about this:

Come play all day, I will help you: February 8, 2020, 9-4, Patches & Stitches 256-533-3886.

6. PATRIOTIC PINEAPPLE LOG CABIN:  Make this terrific block in any colors you want, mine is Red, White and Blue:

Not paper pieced, you will use strips and rulers to make your blocks. Monday February 17, 2020, 9-4, Huntsville Sew Creative, 256-536-3757.

7.  ANTIQUE ROSE STAR BY MACHINE: one of my most popular classes, I teach this all over the country--don't miss this one chance to take this class locally, the only time in 2020:  March 7 and March 21, 2020, 9-1, Huntsville Sew Creative, 256-536-3757:


8. CIRCA 2016: Back by special request, this is a fun quilt to make with little blocks. This is the last time I will offer this class locally so don't miss it. Saturday March 28, 2020, 9-4, Patches & Stitches, 256-533-3886.


9. QUILTMAKING 101--if you know someone who wants to learn to quilt, now is the time to take my all-newly revised QM 101 class. Everything you need to know to get hooked for life on quiltmaking.  Five week classes, begin January 7, 2020, Patches & Stitches, 256 533 3886:


I hope you see a class or two here that interests you. We have fun and learn a lot in class! Join us.

Let's quilt,

Barbara

6 comments:

  1. Wish I was closer. I love taking classes. I am doing the TQS BOM this year and look forward to your tutorials.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could come! All your classes look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not local to you but I will be sewing Afternoon Delight with you through TQS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed seeing you on The Quilt Show. I was not really interested in doing the BOM but, of course, now I am! By the way, my quilt chapter made Sylvia's Bridal Sampler last year for our raffle quilt. It was a big success and I marveled at seeing what our group of quilters could accomplish. Have fun with your classes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Beth. Hope you'll join us for Afternoon Delight. And good to know Sylvia's Bridal Sampler holds up--the pattern book is about 10 years old. Students drafted me to teach this one--a different technique will be taught each month for 6 months.

      Delete